The out-of-pocket maximum is the most you pay during the calendar year before the plan pays 100% for covered health expenses. The out-of-pocket maximum includes the deductible, coinsurance and copays you pay for covered services.
SmartCare is available only at UAMS facilities and at the Walker Health Center at UA Fayetteville. Examples of facilities where SmartCare is NOT available include:
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital
- Dennis Development Center
- UAMS Pediatricians who see patients at Arkansas Children’s Hospital
- Baptist Rehab Institute for Outpatient Therapy
- Baptist Psychiatric Facility
- Freeway Dialysis Services
- VA Hospitals in Little Rock and North Little Rock
- NW Arkansas Centers for Children (located in Lowell)
- UAMS physicians with privileges at other non-UAMS facilities.
SmartCare facilities include:
- UAMS Hospital and Outpatient Clinics
- Pat Walker Health Center
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock Health Center
- UAMS neighborhood clinics in West Little Rock, Rahling Road, Maumelle, Capitol Mall
- Regional Family Medical Centers located throughout the state
- UAMS Psychiatric Providers, including Child Study Center, NWA Outpatient, and STRIVE
- University Women’s Health Center
- UAMS physicians who bill through MCPG but are located at Freeway Medical or Baptist Inpatient Rehab (which are not SmartCare facilities).